Dear Friends, Supporters, and Durham Community
I am excited to announce my intentions to seek reelection to the District 1 Seat on the Durham County Board of Education.
In the coming election, I ask you to consider my consistent, proven, and compassionate leadership for Durham Public Schools (DPS). I ask for your vote as I look to keep the ship steady during the transitions in our new administration. Durham Public Schools not only needs leadership, but PROVEN leadership to continue this march forward.
I am Mike Lee, a proud DPS parent and candidate for the District 1 seat on the Durham Public Schools Board of Education. I humbly ask for your support for reelection in May.
Priorities For Durham Public Schools
In the coming term, my priorities with the community will be:
- The creation of a formal equity calculator to balance the needs of our schools
- Equitable distribution of resources (financial and physical) throughout our district by instituting a true equity calculator to be used district-wide
- Increasing DPS’s capacity for universal pre-K
- Finalizing the universal free lunch program
- Increased visibility and marketing for our district
- Update our district’s systems to modern technology and automation
- Better program monitoring and measurement
- Implement more programs to reduce the cost of living for teachers and staff in our district
Latest Blog Posts
Vote for proven leadership on the Durham school board – Mike Lee
March 11, 2018
I am excited to announce to you, my intentions to seek re-election to the District 1 Seat on the Durham… Read More
Durham supports smaller class size, but at what cost? – Mike Lee and Wendy Jacobs (Herald Sun Op-Ed)
February 12, 2018
BY MIKE LEE AND WENDY JACOBS February 04, 2018 10:47 AM Smaller class sizes in our public schools aren’t just… Read More